THE SHREW HAVEN AND THE HAWKIN CABIN
“Go afield with good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.” – Fred Bear
Our cabins have proven very popular. These book up fast so don’t miss out! Our cabins were built and designed specifically to provide a camping rather than a hotel experience. There is NO television but there is free wi-fi access. Located as we are in the midst of the most wonderful breathtaking wilderness that surrounds Gunnison there is no shortage of fun outdoor activities to enjoy and appreciate a great way to escape TV ads and the media.
The cabins are similar and can sleep a maximum of 4. The main bedroom has a queen size bed, a few basic shelves and hooks, two rustic bedside tables, a bedside light and an electric heater for the occasional cool night. The living area is furnished with two double futons and also includes an electric heater. There is a kitchen fitted with a kitchen sink, an under counter refrigerator, a coffee machine, an electric stove and a microwave. The kitchen includes a set of basic cooking pots, pans, dishes and eating utensils. Both cabins are equipped with restroom facilities, including a shower. There is an outdoor table and chairs on the deck. A charcoal grill can be rented for $10/night. The cabins are also situated across from our communal fire-pit which everyone is welcome to utilize.
We provide basic linen and towels and shower essentials.
Click our ONLINE BOOKING button to see current pricing and availability. our cancellation policy goes, we require a notice of 7 full days before the reservation date and we will refund your deposit less a $10 cancellation fee for processing.
Please note that any damage, extra cleaning due to pets or general miss-use of the cabins and missing items will be charged to your credit card either on or after your departure.
Our cabins are strictly a NO-Smoking zone!!
Please read the following rules and regulations. As the guest you are responsible for knowing the rules and regulations and adhering to them.
MANAGEMENT NOTES: Cabins must be paid in full before keys are given out or left for late arrivals.
REFUSAL: We have the right to refuse to rent our cabins, tipis and our Park Model to any guests at any time. We reserve the right to cancel a reservation at anytime. We will not refund for early departures.
PARTIES: Absolutely NO LOUD PARTIES are allowed in any of our accommodations. Guests not abiding by this rule will be asked to leave immediately with no refund.
BASIC AMENITIES: These are described in detail above. Basic kitchen ware/utensils, basic linens, starter supply of towels, washcloths, and a bath mat. Each unit has a starter supply of bar soap, shampoo, dish soap and toilet paper. Once the starter supply is used, the guest must supply theses items for themselves.
GENERAL HOUSEKEEPING RULES: Check in is 12 noon. Check out is 11 am.
- Dispose of all garbage in dumpsters or a housekeeping charge will apply. When checking out please turn off all lights and fans. It is not necessary to strip the beds or wash towels. Make sure all towels are left in the shower and not on the floors when checking out.
- Wash all dirty dishes and put back in the cabinets or on shelves. If you have used the futons, please make sure these are returned to original positions before you leave. A housekeeping charge of $35 will apply if housekeeping has to wash dishes or put away extra bedding.
- Do not remove any furnishing, accessories or linens from your cabin for any reason, or you will be charged.
- Housekeeping WILL NOT be provided during your stay.
- Mesa Campground will not be responsible for personal items left behind in the units. If you request us to pick items up for you and mail to you, they will be mailed COD.
- We go to great length to ensure that the cabins are clean and in good condition. They are thoroughly cleaned between each guest. Please help us to maintain our linens by not using them to clean floors etc. If you do stain our linens there will be a replacement cost charged to you.
PETS: Our units are pet friendly but we do require a minimal pet charge as well as a $55 pet cleaning fee. Guests will be responsible for any and all damages. Pets must be treated for fleas before arriving. Pets must not be left in cabins alone unless crated and must not be allowed on the furniture.
DAMAGES: Guests will be responsible for all intentional and reckless damages or missing items and the credit card on file will be used for repair expenses, cleaning of the units beyond a normal cabin clean or theft.
REFUNDS: No refunds will be given for early departures for any reason.
VEHICLES: We have space for ONE vehicle only. If you have more than one car, a boat/atv trailer etc, it must go into our storage yard. Please make sure that we are informed when you make your reservation.
We hope you enjoy your stay.