CAMP BY THE RULES ~ For Everyone's Enjoyment
Summer Season: We are open for reservations year round for our summer season April 15 – October 15.
Reservations / Cancellation Policy: Reservations are guaranteed only with the processing of your credit card for one night’s deposit per site reserved. Please note that your deposit guarantees you a site. We reserve the right to change the site you will be going into if that is necessary. Mesa Campground’s cancellation policy requires a notice of 7 full days before the reservation date for the refund of your deposit less a $10 cancellation fee for processing. Any cancellation notice less than 7 full days before the reservation date will result in the loss of your deposit. We do not refund for early departures for any reason on any reservations, including seasonal reservations. A cancellation fee of $10.00 will be charged for all cancellations.
Payment: Seasonal reservations payment is due January 15. Short term reservations require a deposit on booking and full balance is due on arrival. Late Payment fee of 10% will be applied 15 days from due date.
Checkout Time: 11 AM, Please check with office if extra time is needed.
Quiet Hours: 10 PM – 8 AM Please be courteous of others at all times.
Parking: One RV and one support vehicle per site.
- No parking of motorcycles, boats, trailers, ATV's, etc. Temporary loading and unloading can usually be accommodated with office approval.
- We will do our best to accommodate handicap visitors. Let us know when you make your reservation and upon check in at office.
- Overflow parking and extra storage for vehicles, trailers, RV's, boats, etc is available for $5 a day and long term solutions are also available with contract.
- Brief visitors are welcome and will be directed where to park up front upon checking with the office. We do not offer visitor parking in the campground.
- Not adhering to the parking policy and blocking sites with vehicles will result in an extra site charge.
Speed Limit: 5 MPH and is strictly enforced.
- We have many pets, seniors, and children walking in the roads at any given time.
Pets: Two pets per site. Additional pets are $3 per day. All pets must be kept on a leash and under your control at all times, unless in our designated dog run.
- We welcome pets and dogs and even invite them into the office for a petting and a treat!
- Pet services such as walking and feeding are available. Please inquire in the office.
- Dogs are to do their business in the dog walk and dog run areas: not in the sites, tent area, or home area. Dog waste must be bagged and disposed of by placing in the trash dumpster.
- Any waste not disposed of properly will be placed on your doorstep.
- No pets are allowed in our restrooms or laundry room. No dogs tied out unoccupied. No loud or annoying dogs. Repeated complaints and you will be asked to leave.
Visitors and Guest(s): Visitor and guest parking is available in front of the office only.
- All visitors and overnight guests must check in, register at the office, let us know who they are staying with, and the duration. This is common courtesy. No one wants people staying in the park and no one is aware of who they are. Visitor parking will be directed by the office staff at check in / registration.
- Daily guest parking is available for $5 a day and long term solutions are also available with contract.
- All overnight guests will be charged $5 a day. All fees are due in advance. You are responsible for the conduct of anyone visiting you during your stay.
Site Care: We take pride in having healthy grass in the park please don't put anything on the grass that will kill the grass.
- No mats, rugs, open on the bottom or low fire pits, tents, vehicles, etc. on the grass.
- Clotheslines and hanging of clothes is not permitted. We have a laundry at the office / restroom building.
- You will be held responsible for any damages to shrubs, trees, picnic tables, etc. Please don't hang anything on fences or trees without management approval.
- Site should be kept clean and safe at all times.
- Storage sheds which do not exceed 80 square feet are permitted in spaces F through Z only.
- The placement of any storage shed must be coordinated and approved by Mesa Campground.
- A schedule of watering and mowing will be provided upon request. We will water, mow, and weed eat.
- Special services are available at an additional charge. Raking and bagging of clippings etc. Inquire in office.
Children: Children are very welcome at Mesa Campground. Parents are responsible for, and must accompany their minor children (under the age of 14) at all times including the main office, restrooms, playground and clubhouse. Parents are liable for any and all damages to the property of other guests and Mesa Campground property.
- Children shouldn't be left unaccompanied to roam, cut through other RV sites, or be a nuisance to other campers.
- Our recommendation for long-term stays with children are to check out:
- The Recreation Center at Western University
- The Gunnison Recreation Center, and
- Hartman Rocks Recreation Area
Trash: Trash in tied bags is to be place in the dumpsters just to the west of the office next to the propane.
Campfires: Within designated or approved fire rings only.
- Approved personal fire rings that sit off the ground a minimum of 12in and not open on the bottom. It must not damage the grass.
- Personal fire rings are available for rent. Inquire in office.
- Designated communal fire rings are in place in the tent area and behind the clubhouse for all campers' enjoyment.
- Burn wood only. No cans, glass, foil or garbage. Contain your fire within fire ring.
- Fire must be out when leaving your site or retiring for the evening.
Sewer: Connections require elbow or donut per Colorado law.
Winter Season Storage: All vehicles, RV's, Park Models, trailers, boats, etc on site at Mesa Campground during winter must have a signed storage agreement and must be paid in advance.
- All RV's and Park Models on site will be charged a winter storage fee. Cars must be stored in the storage area.
Sales of vehicles, RVs, Park Models, etc: No vehicle, recreation vehicle or Park Model shall be advertised for sale on Mesa Campground property or sold to any third party without notifying Mesa Campground’s owners in advance of the intent to sell any such vehicle. The sale of any vehicle at Mesa Campground which falls under the jurisdiction of the State of Colorado Motor Vehicle Division is prohibited unless such sale is handled by Mesa Campground. Any and all sales of the recreation vehicle or Park Models within Mesa Campground must be consigned by contract with Mesa Campground.
Mesa Campground is not responsible (for whatever reason) for accidents, injuries or losses of any kind to the property of any occupant or guest of the park. We reserve the right to change or add to mandatory regulations and rules at any time. We reserve the right to evict any person(s) for non payment or failure to abide by our rules. Evicted person(s) will be liable for all legal costs and damage to Mesa Campground property.
Occupants of the park must abide by all federal, state and county ordinances and laws- for a copy please see front desk.
Mesa Campground annually publishes and distributes a campground site map which shall be incorporated as part of this set of rules, regulations and operating policies.
Mesa Campground Rules and Regulations
Mesa Campground is privately owned. The camper accepts camping privileges with the understanding that he does hereby release Mesa Campground, its officers and employees of all liability for loss or damage to property and injury to his person arising out of his use of its camping facilities, and agrees to indemnify Mesa Campground, its officers and employees, against claims resulting from loss or damage to property or injury to the person of any member of the family or guest of the registered camper arising out of the use of its camping facilities.
Mesa Campground is operated on a seasonal basis only. Short term rental space is available on a variable rate structure from one day to six months. Rent payment shall not constitute or create any form of residence or long term rental agreement between Mesa Campground and its guests. The payment of any space rent to Mesa Campground shall constitute an implied consent agreement by which the guest agrees to accept and comply with all the rules, regulations and operating policies established by Mesa Campground. Mesa Campground reserves the right to change, modify, add or delete, at its sole discretion, the rules, regulations and operating policies.
Storage of any vehicle, recreation vehicle or Park Model over the winter months when Mesa Campground is closed does not constitute, grant or imply any long term residential agreement between Mesa Campground and its guests. No vehicle, recreational vehicle, or Park Model of any kind may be made unmovable at any time. No permanent structures, foundation or permanent building of any kind shall be allowed on Mesa Campground rental spaces. Park Models and mobile homes in excess of 30 years old cannot be sold or used on Mesa Campground property unless a specific written variance is granted by Mesa Campground owners. The variance is granted solely at their discretion.
Rented spaces shall be used exclusively by registered guests of Mesa Campground. Mesa Campground must be notified by registered guests prior to third party visits. Third party visitors must register with Mesa Campground on arrival. Tents shall not be set up in RV or Park Model sites. Guests that have visitors are responsible for informing such visitors of the rules and regulations of the campground and shall be responsible for the conduct of any such visitor.
No vehicle, recreation vehicle or Park Model shall be advertised for sale on Mesa Campground property or sold to any third party without notifying Mesa Campground’s owners in advance of the intent to sell any such vehicle. The sale of any vehicle at Mesa Campground which falls under the jurisdiction of the State of Colorado Motor Vehicle Division is prohibited unless such sale is handled by Mesa Campground. Any and all sales of recreational vehicles and Park Models within Mesa Campground MUST be consigned by contract through Mesa Campground, NO EXCEPTIONS.
The Mesa Campground implied consent agreement is exclusive and nontransferable and is an agreement between Mesa Campground and its specific guests only. Multiple ownership, i.e.; partners owning one recreation vehicle or Park Model and the consequent use of space by multiple owners, is prohibited. In the event of the sale of any vehicle or Park Model, Mesa Campground, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to terminate the continued use of any space such vehicle, recreation vehicle or Park Model shall occupy. In the event of such sale, no rent payment or proration of rent payments will be applied from one guest to another guest.
Parking shall be limited to one support vehicle per rented space. Parking for additional vehicles or visitor parking shall be assigned on a case-by-case basis only. If parking for additional vehicles creates a nuisance or unsafe condition, such additional parking may be denied. Boats and/or trailers may not be parked or stored in the campground, but shall be assigned separate designated parking spaces within a boat storage area.
Guests of Mesa Campground are expected to maintain a clean and orderly appearance in and around the campsites. No accumulation of trash or junk is permitted on any space. Landscaping which creates maintenance or lawn mowing problems is not permitted. Storage sheds which do not exceed 80 square feet are permitted in spaces F through Z only. The placement of any storage shed must be coordinated and approved by Mesa Campground.
At the sole discretion of Mesa Campground, no vehicle, recreational vehicle, or Park Model which is deemed to be unsafe to occupy, or which could cause an unsafe condition for other guests of Mesa Campground shall be permitted to remain on the premises of Mesa Campground.
All wind breaks and screened porches must be factory made for the specific awning or RVs and approved by Mesa Campground.
Guests and their visitors assume all risks to their persons and their property while on Mesa Campground property. Mesa Campground shall not be held liable for any act of nature or acts of any guest, visitor, or intruder that may adversely affect any guest or visitor. Guests are expected to carry their own personal property and liability insurance for themselves and their property while camped at Mesa Campground. Mesa Campground shall not be held liable for any disappearance or destruction of any guest’s property while it is parked or stored at Mesa Campground.
Pets must be leashed and attended at all times and not allowed to run at large. Guests shall walk their pets in the established “dog walk” area only. Guests shall be held responsible for any act of any pet which creates a disturbance or other nuisance at Mesa Campground.
Nuisances and noises which are annoying to other guests (at the discretion of Mesa Campground) will not be permitted.
Sewer line connections must be reasonably sealed by means of a “sewer donut” or connection device that does not allow odor to escape the connection.
Clothes lines are not permitted.
Guest with a minimum stay of one month or longer are asked to please water the grass in their area. If you will be leaving for an extended period of time, let the office know so that workers can water the grass around your campsite.
Mesa Campground reserved its address and mail delivery for itself only. Guests that receive mail at Mesa Campground’s address do so at their own risk. Mesa Campground assumes no responsibility for Mail delivery to any of its guests and shall not be held liable for any loss of any guest’s mail.
Portable electric heaters, air conditioners, and deep freezers are not to be used without notifying Mesa Campground and electricity being metered.
Auto repairs, including oil changes, are not permitted.
The discharge of any toxic material of any kind is not permitted on Mesa Campground property. Any guest or visitor who discharges any toxic material of any kind, shall be held responsible for the cleanup and repair of any ground, sewer line, or other property of Mesa Campground.